Monday, February 22, 2010

Chicken Enchilada Casserole











I thought it would be fun to photograph the making of a couple dishes! As a mom of 3 all 4 and under I don't have a lot of free time on my hands! I wanted to start preparing things that I could make in the morning, stick in the fridge and than at dinner time stick it in the oven! I have found about 5 recipes that I am going to make and I will post them on here for you to enjoy as well!!This is the first time making this one! I am looking forward to cooking it tonight and enjoying a (hopefully) delicious dinner!!

Makes: 10 Servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 28 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes

Ingredients:
3 cups shredded, cooked chicken
1 packet (1.25 ounce) taco seasoning
2 cups salsa verde
9 fajita-size flour tortilla
1 can (15.5 ounces) refried beans, warmed in microwave
8 ounces sour cream (I did not use)
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Directions
1. Heat oven to 350. Mix chicken, taco seasoning, 1/2 cup water and salsa verde in a skillet. Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
2. Coat 13x9x2-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cover bottom of pan with 3 flour tortillas, overlapping. Pour half of the chicken mixture on the tortillas. Cover with 3 more tortillas. Spread with warmed beans and the sour cream.
3. Sprinkle half the cheese over the beans and sour cream, and cover with the remaining 3 tortillas. Top with remaining chicken mixture, followed by remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 25-28 minutes, until bubbly.

Enjoy!!

No comments: