Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cris Passos {Women in Business Series}

Cris Passos Photography
Facebook
Website
Blog




A little about me:
It's always a little hard to describe myself... but here goes... My name is Cris Passos I'm married with a very special man (we've been together since we were teenagers) and we have 2 lovely kids: Victor who is 7 years old and Isabella who is 5 years old. I'm Brazilian and I moved to the US about 10 years ago. I first lived in Florida, back in 2001 and later moved to New Jersey and Massachusetts. Now I'm back in Florida. I've always loved photography. In Feb/08 I bought my first DSLR (Canon Rebel) I was already in love with the new perspective and quality of my pictures but some day a close friend gave me a push to learn to use my camera with its manual settings and I wanted to learn more and more so I guess it was when I started to think I could turn my hobby into a business.


How do you manage your time?
Well I try to work during the business hours but with 2 kids I have to split my time between sessions, editing, researching, droping off and picking up kids at school, ballet and soccer, homework, and a thousand of other things.



What sticks out about starting a business?
Wow, I already knew that it wouldn't be easy to start a business since I helped my husband to open his company about 7 years ago. Now when I opened my own it was even harder... Looking for a logo and branding, preparing a portfolio and website/blog, registering for licenses, marketing, and I have to admit I'm not a sales person and I guess this is the hardest part for me.



When did you start your business?
Officially in January of 2011



What's in your camera bag?
Canon 5d Mark ii, Canon 50d (back up), lenses: 50mm f1.8 (changing real soon), 24-70mm f2.8, 70-300mm f4. On my "wish list" 85mm f1.4.




Favorite Movies
Sometimes I think I'm still a kid. I love animation movies: "Cars", "Rio", "Kung Fu Panda", "Ice Age"... you name it!
There's another movie that I love called "The Pursuit of Happiness"


Chocolate or Vanila?
Definitely chocolate, I must say I'm a chocoholic!



If you had advice for other women in business what would it be?
Follow your passion and be confident about yourself.



Thank you SO much Cris for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share in my {Women in Business Series}! I truly enjoy following your work and I wish you all the best! Stop by her facebook page and leave her some love!!

2 comments:

Cris Passos said...

Thank you Sharon to feature me :)

carolina albuquerque said...

Sharon, your " Women in Business Series" featuring photographer Cris Passos was excellent! It's very refreshing to read about women who balance family and work and are happy and successful in both. Cris is naturally talented and clearly loves her job. Kudos to you for reserving a space in your blog for fellow photographers.