Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Stacey Crow {Women in Business Series}

Stacey Crow Photography
website
Facebook



About me:

I am a stay at home mom of 3 children, all under the age of 4! I worked as an elementary teacher for 4 years and then after having my 3rd child, I decided it was time to stay home! As a hobby, I began photographing my kids and it quickly developed into a passion of mine. I started taking photos of friends and family and officially started my business in February of 2011. I have been specializing in family & children's portraiture and I'm loving every bit of it!




What sticks out about starting a business:

I didn't realize how difficult it would be! I knew I had the talent, but I wasn't prepared for the business side of things. Managing phone calls, getting orders ready, being confident in my work, selling myself, and learning to say "no!" I'm so not a business woman, thank the Lord for my husband!





Time management:

Not the person to ask! As of right now, I work on all business related tasks between the hours of 10pm and 2pm. Kids have to be put to bed, laundry and dished need to be done, and hubby's back needs to be scratched! Sometimes I wish I had a studio and set aside work hours, but then that would take away from being a mommy- family first, right?




Choc/vanilla:

BOTH! It depends on what I'm craving I guess!



I love Stacey's work and I hope you stop by and "like" her page on facebook! You can let her know you found her through my Women In Business Series!!

xox
Sharon

1 comment:

Cris Passos Photography said...

Beautiful Pictures and amazing post!!!